1. PortStone is a polymer modified cementitious flooring product suitable for interior or exterior use over properly prepared surfaces.
2. All PortStone Paver products are manufactured according to methods and/or materials that meet or exceed the following ASTM requirements: ASTM-C33, ASTM-C150, ASTM-C979, ASTM-C387, ASTM-C309, and ASTM-C1315.
3. All PortStone products are approximately 1/4" thick, reinforced with woven fiberglass mesh that is intregal to the product.
4. All PortStone products are made to be installed in sheets or panels consisting of multiple "brick" or "stone" shaped pieces arranged in a pre-determined pattern with each "brick" or "stone" properly spaced, positioned and sized so as to facilitate the installation process in a more timely and accurate manner..
5. The joints between the bricks or stones within each PortStone sheets are approximately 3/8" to 1/2" in width and may vary slightly.
6. "Brick" or "stone" sizes vary depending on pattern.
7. All PortStone products are factory pre-sealed with a minimum of 2 coats of sealer. Another coat of sealer is required to be placed after the product has been grouted and sufficient time allowed for the grout to properly cure, after which a minimum of 2 coats of PortStone approved floor finish shall be applied on all interior surfaces.
8. Standard patterns include: Large Runningbond, Small Runningbond, Basketweave, Herringbone, Pinwheel Brick, Riverstone, Flagstone, Promenade, Old World Stone, Face Brick, Bishop's Hat, Soldier Course Border, Herringbone Border, Flagstone Border, 2' 8" Circle, 4' 10" Circle, and 7' circle.
9. Standard Colors include: Acadian, Baton Rouge, Charleston, Flagstone, French Quarter, La Mesa, La Rosa, Old Chicago, Old Natchez, Richmond, Sandstone, and Windsor.
10. Custom colors are available on a case-by-case basis.
1. PortStone may be used for residential and light commercial flooring.
2. PortStone may be used on interior vertical surfaces.
3. If used on exterior vertical surfaces, waterproofing shall be accomplished by means and material other than PortStone.
4. PortStone shall not be used for or considered as a waterproofing material for any application.
5. PortStone shall not be used inside a fireplace or firebox. PortStone may be used as a facing around a fireplace or firebox only as a surround and not on any surface directly exposed or subject to extreme heat.
6. PortStone may be used on properly prepared horizontal exterior surfaces. When used on exterior surfaces such as porches, patios, walkways, pool decks, etc. an approved slip-resistant additive shall be used in an approved manner in conjunction with the sealer applied after grouting.
1. PortStone shall not be used directly over a wood subfloor.
2. A layer of underlayment membrane such as Ditra underlayment manufactured by Schluter Systems or ProvaFlex manufactured by Loxcreen shall be used and properly installed in complete and strict compliance with the manufacturer's specifications under all PortStone products installed over wooden subfloors.
3. PortStone shall not be installed over substrates that exceed a maximum deflection of L/360.
3. PortStone shall not be used as a waterproofing material for any application whatsoever.
4. As with any hard surface type material, existing cracks in a concrete subsurface can result in reflective cracking in PortStone. Existing cracks should be addressed with a suitable crack suppressant material before installing PortStone or any other hard surface type material.
Concrete and Cement Subsurfaces:
1. All concrete subsurfaces should be cured for a minimum of 28 days and free of moisture.
2. All surfaces shall be free of wax, oil, dust, and paint.
3. Remove any curing or concrete sealer prior to installation.
Plywood and Wooden Subfloors:
1. All plywood shall be exterior grade and free of oil, dust, and other foreign material and be of 3/4" minimum thickness.
2. The typical floor or other system shall consist of joist not spaced over 16" on centers.
3. Install a layer of ProvaFlex or Ditra underlayment over the wooded subfloor in accordance with manufacturer's specifications.
4. All subfloors shall be engineered so that the maximum deflection under normal or full load shall not exceed 1/360 of the span.
5. All PortStone products shall be installed using a thin-set mortar which meets or exceeds ANSI 118.4-1992 industry standards.
1. Use 1/4" X 1/4" X 14" notched trowel to apply thin-set mortar to a clean subsurface.
2. The thin-set mortar should be mixed according to the manufacturer's specifications.
3. When spreading thin-set mortar, make sure that the mortar comes all the way out from under the edge of where the PortStone sheet is to be placed. Failure to do this can result in broken or cracked PortStone tiles.
4. A freshly laid PortStone floor should not be walked on for at least 16 to 24 hours after it is laid.
5. PortStone floors shall be grouted with a sanded grout suitable for joints over 3/8" in width meeting or exceeding ANSI A118.6 industry standards.
6. PortStone floors shall be grouted in a manner in which the surface of the finished grout shall not be more than 1/16" below the PortStone surface.
7. All grout shall be properly cleaned from the PortStone surface and the surface must be completely dry before sealing.
8. All PortStone floors shall be sealed with a minimum of 1 coat of PortStone Manufacturing Corp. approved sealer.
9. No penetrating sealer of any sort should ever be used on PortStone. All PortStone products are pre-sealed at the factory with a sealer that inhibits other sealers from penetrating the surface.
10. Approved sealer shall be applied with a 3/4" or larger nap roller suitable for use with solvent based products.
11. Allow sufficient time for the sealer coat to dry. The surface of the sealed PortStone shall not be wet or tacky, but rather completely dry to the touch before applying the floor finish.
12. A PortStone approved floor finish shall be applied in 2 coats after the sealer has dried sufficiently to walk on.
13. The floor finish shall be applied in thin coats using a clean lint free rayon mop, paint pad, or lambswool applicator.
14. Allow 20 to 30 minutes drying time, or until the floor finish has dried to the touch before applying the second or subsequent coats.
15. Do not apply more than 4 coats of floor finish in one day.
1. PortStone floors may be dust mopped or damp mopped as needed.
2. PortStone floors may be cleaned with clear water or by using a pH neutral cleaner.
3. PortStone floors should not be cleaned with vinegar and water, Pine-Sol type products, or any other harsh cleaners as these can act as stripping agents dulling the finish and removing the protective coatings.
4. A fresh coat of a PortStone approved floor finish shall be applied at least once per year.
To Order Factory Direct, Call 601-922-0902
Proudly Made In America